Advanced Registration is now closed for the 2016 WSR Open Water Swim.
We are able to process ‘walk-up’ registrations on the day if you forgot or didn’t have time to register on the website before yesterday. If you are intending to register and pay on the day, please aim to arrive by 05:30 to give us enough time to get everything sorted and your entry details uploaded to the scoring app.
Unfortunately due to restrictions on our insurance, we are unable to register under 16s tomorrow morning on the field.
Further details of the swim are below.
Once again the swim will take place on the Saturday morning of the Regatta, which this year is the 6th August.
Registration for all the swims run from 0530 to 0600, with the 2K starting at 0615, the 1K at 0630, and the 200M at 0700… and all followed by a free breakfast!
Entries Now Open to 12’s and Over
After several requests last year, we are happy to say that we can now accommodate swimmers aged 12 and over in our 1km ‘Standard’ and ‘Fun’ swims, subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- 12 or older on the day of the Swim
- Wetsuit required
- Must be registered via this website by a Parent/Guardian. No ‘walk-up’ registrations will be allowed on the morning for 12-16 year old swimmers.
- A Parent/Guardian must also be present on the day of the swim
Entries for the 2km ‘Advanced’ Swim remain for 16 year olds and over.
Yet again this year, we have kept the price the same – £25 for the 1K & 2K events and £10 for the 200M event, which in addition to entry to the swim itself, gets you all of the following:
– Entry to the Regatta enclosure on Saturday
– Free Breakfast
– Free Parking
– Personal timing posted to the website
– Prizegiving for winners of both events
– Changing facilities and toilets
– Fully insured with extensive safety provisions (including paramedics and ambulance)
– Early entry to the Scratch Dongola event at the Regatta
– Free ‘recovery pack’ goody bag
– A friendly community based event welcoming swimmers of all abilities
We hope to see as many of you on (and in!) the river as possible on 6th August!