Registration for the 2018 WSR Open Water Swim is now open.
Once again the swim will take place on the Saturday morning of the Regatta, which this year is the 11th August.
Registration for all the swims run from 0530 to 0600, with the 2K starting at 0615, the 1K at 0630, and the 400M at 0700… and all followed by a free breakfast!
Entries Open to 12’s and Over
We are happy to say that we can accommodate swimmers aged 12 and over in our 1km ‘Standard’ and ‘Fun’ swims, subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- 12 or older on the day of the Swim
- Wetsuit required
- Must be registered via this website by a Parent/Guardian. No ‘walk-up’ registrations will be allowed on the morning for 12-16 year old swimmers.
- A Parent/Guardian must also be present on the day of the swim
Entries for the 2km ‘Advanced’ Swim remain for 16 year olds and over.
Yet again this year, we have kept the price the same – £25 for the 1K & 2K events and £10 for the 400M event, which in addition to entry to the swim itself, gets you all of the following:
– Entry to the Regatta enclosure on Saturday
– Free Breakfast
– Free Parking
– Personal timing posted to the website
– Prizegiving for winners of both events
– Changing facilities and toilets
– Fully insured with extensive safety provisions (including paramedics and ambulance)
– Early entry to the Scratch Dongola event at the Regatta
– Free ‘recovery pack’ goody bag
– A friendly community based event welcoming swimmers of all abilities
We hope to see as many of you on (and in!) the river as possible on 11th August!