Registration for the 2019 WSR Open Water Swim is now open.
Once again the swim will take place on the Saturday morning of the Regatta, which this year is the 10th August.
First things first. We have made the decision to raise the standard price of entry to the 2km and 1km events this year to £30.
The WSR Swim is now in its 7th year. Since we started, the price has remained the same at £25. Unfortunately in that time our costs have not remained the same, and whilst we have been able to keep this price until now, this year we will need to make a small increase. We believe that this still compares very favourably with other events.
All of the people who contribute to the Swim are volunteers (many of whom put their own money as well as time into the event), and all of the money we raise from the Swim goes to help the Wargrave and Shiplake Regatta’s ongoing costs. So we hope you will understand the reason for this increase.
Now for the good news. If you register for the swim before 1st July, you can benefit from an Early Bird Discount and get last year’s price of £25.
The 1K and 2K races are again accompanied by a ‘Go With The Flow’ event that allows people to get into the river at the General Start and go downstream to the Finish. For those that haven’t been in the river for a while, or who want to try it, this will be a great way to join in!
Registration for all the swims run from 0530 to 0600, with the 2K starting at 0615, the 1K at 0630, and the 400M at 0700… and all followed by a free breakfast!
Entries Open to 12’s and Over
We are happy to say that we can accommodate swimmers aged 12 and over in our 1km ‘Standard’ and ‘Fun’ swims, subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- 12 or older on the day of the Swim
- Wetsuit required
- Must be registered via this website by a Parent/Guardian. No ‘walk-up’ registrations will be allowed on the morning for 12-16 year old swimmers.
- A Parent/Guardian must also be present on the day of the swim
Entries for the 2km ‘Advanced’ Swim remain for 16 year olds and over.
Yet again this year, we have kept the price the same – £25 for the 1K & 2K events and £10 for the 400M event, which in addition to entry to the swim itself, gets you all of the following:
– Entry to the Regatta enclosure on Saturday
– Free Breakfast
– Free Parking
– Personal timing posted to the website
– Prizegiving for winners of both events
– Changing facilities and toilets
– Fully insured with extensive safety provisions (including paramedics and ambulance)
– Early entry to the Scratch Dongola event at the Regatta
– Free ‘recovery pack’ goody bag
– A friendly community based event welcoming swimmers of all abilities
We hope to see as many of you on (and in!) the river as possible on 11th August!