The Regatta offers competitors a chance to practice using regatta boats every summer in the three weeks before the regatta begins. There are practice stations for Shiplake in the enclosure field at the bottom of Mill Lane, and for Wargrave at the Wargrave Boat Club.
Practice for 2021 Wargrave & Shiplake Regatta starts on Monday 19th July and runs until Wednesday 4th August.
Practice bookings open on Thursday 15th July 17.00-19.00, with sessions starting on Monday 19th July. Sessions can be booked via the below numbers (N.B. Phones will not be active until bookings open):
Shiplake Practice: 07795 442461
Wargrave Practice: 07795 442460
- Monday 19th until Friday 23rd July: 17.00 – 19.00
- Saturday 24th July: 16.00 – 18.00
- Sunday 25th until Friday 30th July: 16.00 – 20.00
- Saturday 31st July: 16.00 – 18.00
- Sunday 1st until Wednesday 4th August: 14.00 – 21.00
(Bookings taken between 17.00 and 19.00 from Thursday 15th July until practice starts and then during practice hours)
- U17’s must be accompanied by an adult in order to practice
- U12’s must wear a buoyancy aid at all times during practice
- All entrants (irrespective of age) must wear a buoyany aid whilst practicing in a canoe (both punting and paddling)
- No dogs are allow at the Wargrave Boating Club
- All boats must observe the rules of the river (always keeping to their righthand side of the river) and remain in on the regatta course and in sight of the Shiplake and Wargrave practice sites.
- Only those who have been entered into a regatta event may practice in the respective boat – no ‘stand-ins’
- The marshal boat is there to ensure the rules are adhered to – it is not there to rescue or ferry people across the river.
Please read the ARRANGEMENTS FOR PRACTICE for full details.
CAN YOU HELP?
The Wargrave and Shiplake Regatta is always looking for people to help supervise practice sessions, so if you are interested please email: email@example.com