The Regatta offers competitors a chance to practice using regatta boats every summer for three weeks before the regatta begins. There are practice stations for Shiplake in the enclosure field at the bottom of Mill Lane, and for Wargrave at the Wargrave Boat Club.
Practice for 2019 Wargrave & Shiplake Regatta starts on Monday 22nd July and runs until Wednesday 7th August
Practice bookings open on Thursday 18th July, with sessions starting on Monday 22nd July. Sessions can be booked via the below numbers (N.B. Phones will not be active until bookings open):
Shiplake Practice: 07795 442461
- Monday 22nd July until Friday 26th July: 17.00-19.00
- Saturday 27th July: 16.00-18.00
- Sunday 28th July until Friday 2nd August: 16.00-20.00
- Saturday 3rd August: 16.00-18.00
- Sunday 4th August until Wednesday 7th August: 14.00-21.00
(Bookings taken between 17.00 and 19.00 from Thursday 18th July until practice starts and then during practice hours)
Wargrave Practice: 07795 442460
- Monday 22nd until Friday 2nd August: 16.00 to 20.00 (except Saturday 27th July
and Saturday 3rd August when practice hours are 16.00-18.00)
- Sunday 4th August until Wednesday 7th August: 14.00 – 21.00
(Bookings taken between 16.00 and 20.00 from Thursday 18th July until practice starts and then during practice hours
- U17’s must be accompanied by an adult in order to practice
- U12’s must wear a buoyancy aid at all times during practice
- All entrants (irrespective of age) must wear a buoyany aid whilst practicing in a canoe (both punting and paddling)
- No dogs are allow at the Wargrave Boating Club
- All boats must observe the rules of the river (always keeping to their righthand side of the river) and remain in on the regatta course and in sight of the Shiplake and Wargrave practice sites.
- Only those who have been entered into a regatta event may practice in the respective boat – no ‘stand-ins’
- The marshal boat is there to ensure the rules are adhered to – it is not there to rescue or ferry people across the river.
Please read the ARRANGEMENTS FOR PRACTICE for full details.
CAN YOU HELP?
The Wargrave and Shiplake Regatta is always looking for people to help supervise practice sessions, so if you are interested please email: firstname.lastname@example.org